Shrimps On The Barby
Shrimps On The Barby
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Archived Forums
 1st Test - Brisbane (23rd-27th Nov)
 First Brisbane Get Together?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scrooge McDuck
Crocodile Dundee

6240 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2006 :  20:11:19  Show Profile  Visit Scrooge McDuck's Homepage
Me & Bob arrive in Brisbane on 16th November, giving us a week before the first test.

Think we need to organise the first Shrimpers piss-up... when do other people arrive and when's the best night?

The night before the first test (Weds 22nd) would be good as we'll all be in major excited mode... altho this would mean starting the cricket with a hangover!

Woody
Jason Donovan

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2006 :  02:35:42  Show Profile
There is talk of a pre first test get together/party at the Pig & Whistle on Eagle Street on Wednesday 22nd. If I hear anything concrete I will post up details later on.

quote:
Originally posted by Scrooge McDuck

Me & Bob arrive in Brisbane on 16th November, giving us a week before the first test.

Think we need to organise the first Shrimpers piss-up... when do other people arrive and when's the best night?

The night before the first test (Weds 22nd) would be good as we'll all be in major excited mode... altho this would mean starting the cricket with a hangover!



Nottingham boy exiled in Brisbane!
Go to Top of Page

Bob the Builder
Dame Edna

Saint Pierre and Miquelon
4901 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2006 :  20:09:46  Show Profile
I saw on the Barmy Army site that people were talking about the Pig & Whistle, looks like a good place to meet a few people plus it's apparently it's the best place to go to watch Premier League footie

Go to Top of Page

gregs
Waltzing Matilda

Australia
647 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2006 :  19:28:58  Show Profile
We get into Brisbane on the 13th I think. Lookin at headin to Byron Bay for a bit before the test starts. Get back to Brissy on the 16th or summit? Dont know yet though!!

F.C.U.M
Go to Top of Page

stupeo
Jason Donovan

Australia
59 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  12:15:06  Show Profile
i think everyone is heading to the pig and whistle holds 1,500 plus there is talk of tents and everything.

stupeo
Go to Top of Page

Airliebird9
Jason Donovan

United Kingdom
30 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  13:31:17  Show Profile
Arrive Brissy November 18th - in time for Great Britain v Oz that night. Pig and whistle 1st test eve.....

2005, the perfect sporting year!
Go to Top of Page

gregs
Waltzing Matilda

Australia
647 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2006 :  00:25:53  Show Profile
Thought id look into where were stayin in Brisbane. In Spring Hill, there is a boozer called the Sportsman right near us. Looked at the website before and its a massive gay pub, saved us a right bollock there!!! That could of been close if we had walked in ???

F.C.U.M
Go to Top of Page

Scrooge McDuck
Crocodile Dundee

6240 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2006 :  18:56:52  Show Profile  Visit Scrooge McDuck's Homepage
Good research Gregs... but can I just say what a bloody stupid name for a gay pub!
Go to Top of Page

Bob the Builder
Dame Edna

Saint Pierre and Miquelon
4901 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2006 :  20:25:17  Show Profile
Good research Gregs, stupid name for a gay pub tho.

Go to Top of Page

Woody
Jason Donovan

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  06:38:19  Show Profile
So Scrooge any news on the first meet up for everyone in Brissie?

You guys hitting the town after the GB v Aus rugby league game?

quote:
Originally posted by Scrooge McDuck

Me & Bob arrive in Brisbane on 16th November, giving us a week before the first test.

Think we need to organise the first Shrimpers piss-up... when do other people arrive and when's the best night?

The night before the first test (Weds 22nd) would be good as we'll all be in major excited mode... altho this would mean starting the cricket with a hangover!



Nottingham boy exiled in Brisbane!
Go to Top of Page

Bob the Builder
Dame Edna

Saint Pierre and Miquelon
4901 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  10:12:54  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Woody

So Scrooge any news on the first meet up for everyone in Brissie?

You guys hitting the town after the GB v Aus rugby league game?

quote:
Originally posted by Scrooge McDuck

Me & Bob arrive in Brisbane on 16th November, giving us a week before the first test.

Think we need to organise the first Shrimpers piss-up... when do other people arrive and when's the best night?

The night before the first test (Weds 22nd) would be good as we'll all be in major excited mode... altho this would mean starting the cricket with a hangover!



Nottingham boy exiled in Brisbane!



Me and Scrooge are off to the rugby so we'll be out all day. Think the best place for the rugby will be along Caxton Street. Would be good to meet a few people, you going to the Rugby Woody?

Go to Top of Page

Woody
Jason Donovan

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  00:00:59  Show Profile
Not got a ticket yet but seriously considering getting one. Even if I dont i'm up for a few drinks after the game with the boys.

If your interested I can suggest a time and place?

quote:
Originally posted by Bob the Builder

quote:
Originally posted by Woody

So Scrooge any news on the first meet up for everyone in Brissie?

You guys hitting the town after the GB v Aus rugby league game?

quote:
Originally posted by Scrooge McDuck

Me & Bob arrive in Brisbane on 16th November, giving us a week before the first test.

Think we need to organise the first Shrimpers piss-up... when do other people arrive and when's the best night?

The night before the first test (Weds 22nd) would be good as we'll all be in major excited mode... altho this would mean starting the cricket with a hangover!



Nottingham boy exiled in Brisbane!



Me and Scrooge are off to the rugby so we'll be out all day. Think the best place for the rugby will be along Caxton Street. Would be good to meet a few people, you going to the Rugby Woody?





Nottingham boy exiled in Brisbane!
Go to Top of Page

Scrooge McDuck
Crocodile Dundee

6240 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  02:33:08  Show Profile  Visit Scrooge McDuck's Homepage
Woody - name your venue, and we'll be there! We fly on Sat lunch-time, feel free to mail me at

scrooge@shrimpsonthebarby.com

and I'll pick up mails when we arrive in Oz
Go to Top of Page

Woody
Jason Donovan

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2006 :  03:28:18  Show Profile
Looks like we are meeting in O'Learys on Caxton Street (back bar) at 5pm on the Saturday (18th) if anyone else fancies a few pints?

Cheers
Woody

quote:
Originally posted by Scrooge McDuck

Woody - name your venue, and we'll be there! We fly on Sat lunch-time, feel free to mail me at

scrooge@shrimpsonthebarby.com

and I'll pick up mails when we arrive in Oz



Nottingham boy exiled in Brisbane!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shrimps On The Barby © shrimpsonthebarby.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000