Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chertseyspurs
Jason Donovan

Angola
5 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2007 :  16:23:44  Show Profile
Any of you lot unfortunate like myself to travel with barmy army travel? Tell me if you know of a travel company were you pay for b&b then find out youve got to pay for the breakfast again then fill outa form on your return to england to get the money back , unbelievable. Reckon the barmy army will end up on watchdog

Tart Man
Crocodile Dundee

Aruba
2935 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2007 :  23:44:01  Show Profile  Click to see Tart Man's MSN Messenger address
You should have traveled with "Shrimps Travel" - You don't get any of that corporate shite with us!

"Tart Man - The King of Newbury"
Go to Top of Page

Scrooge McDuck
Crocodile Dundee

6232 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2007 :  00:28:58  Show Profile  Visit Scrooge McDuck's Homepage
I heard plenty of stories of really bad service, including buses not turning up for transfers to and from the airport. Quite a few people missed their new year's eve flight to Sydney because of this, God knows what they ended up doing.

This is the problem when a handful of cricket fans play at being tour operators just to make a quick buck!
Go to Top of Page

Sawn Off Tiger Paws
Jason Donovan

41 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2007 :  02:34:02  Show Profile
Could have been worse, you could have done the Ashes with Sawn Off Tiger Paw Tours.

This involved the occasional number 50 bus down the Kingsway or train into town and staying up all night watching the telly before going to work so tired it feels like your eyes are going to bleed.

So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger.
Go to Top of Page

retired aggro
Crocodile Dundee

South Sandwich Islands
6299 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2007 :  08:37:30  Show Profile  Click to see retired aggro's MSN Messenger address
Here he is ladies and gentlemen, the Barmy Army salesman, otherwise known as Paul 'Leafy' Burnham

LOL @ him trying to get us to give up our Sydney tickets and trying to convince us that we should go on the special Barmy Army boat to watch it instead, it's all in he said!

Go to Top of Page

Scrooge McDuck
Crocodile Dundee

6232 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2007 :  18:08:27  Show Profile  Visit Scrooge McDuck's Homepage
That was just a daft conversation.

"You got tickets lads? I know plenty of people who don't like the SCG. You'll struggle in the sun all day and you're not allowed pass outs. I tell you what, if you give me your tickets I'll get you a place on the barmy army boat where you can watch the cricket on a big screen."

Was he for real???
Go to Top of Page

bushnumpty
Jason Donovan

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2007 :  07:28:36  Show Profile
Barmy Army has clearly ripped off plenty of people. We got hold of some Barmy ticket allocation but were charged double face value.
I might drop Watchdog a line.
They give it all the spiel and are never off the telly but behind the scenes they have been raking it in.

Thankyou Hoggard
Go to Top of Page

Scrooge McDuck
Crocodile Dundee

6232 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2007 :  10:33:43  Show Profile  Visit Scrooge McDuck's Homepage
Did anyone see "an Aussie goes Barmy" - the series on ITV4 where an Aussie fan travelled around with the barmy army?

There was one episode that had quite a big bit about the money-making side of the operation. Apparently they were originally 'advised' by Mark Ramprakash's agent... and if a sports agent is involved it's no wonder they are a rip-off.

The 2 'Generals' - Burnham and the other bloke don't have a day-job, they make so much out of the BA. And as suspected they pay for all of Jimmy Saville's and Bill Trumpet's tours, including all flights, accommodation and even beer vouchers!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shrimps On The Barby © shrimpsonthebarby.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000