Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

gregs
Waltzing Matilda

Australia
647 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  11:17:33  Show Profile
Yay or nay for Cardiff?

Seen a bit of him against the aussies in the Lions game, bowling quite well but still not sure. If they go with the team that played against Warks, then the frontline bowlers will be Anderson, Broad, Flintoff with Swann and Monty. If it doesn't spin then we will be fucked.
You know what ever the selectors choose it will be the wrong decision!

Where's your bloody biddy

YSB

Bob the Builder
Dame Edna

Saint Pierre and Miquelon
4901 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  11:36:46  Show Profile
Think i'd prefer to go in with just the 1 spinner and the 4 fast bowlers, who they would be tho I have no idea. Obviously Anderson, Broad and Fred will play and I think I'd go with Swann and Onions as the other 2. Tough choice tho.

Go to Top of Page

Scrooge McDuck
Crocodile Dundee

6240 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  11:31:51  Show Profile  Visit Scrooge McDuck's Homepage
Part of me would like to see the Biddymeister in the team, as sure he'll have a point to prove and looks really fired up in the Lions game. The Aussies also seem to fear him for some reason (god knows why after 06-07).

But I think you have to look at form over the season and Onions has been awesome (40+ wickets this season) so if we go with a 4th seamer I'd go with him.

I think the "spinning wicket" story from Cardiff may be a bit of a myth so two spinners would be a mistake, particularly as neither Monty or Rashid have taken any wickets this year!
Go to Top of Page

Bob the Builder
Dame Edna

Saint Pierre and Miquelon
4901 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  17:01:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Scrooge McDuck

Part of me would like to see the Biddymeister in the team, as sure he'll have a point to prove and looks really fired up in the Lions game. The Aussies also seem to fear him for some reason (god knows why after 06-07).

But I think you have to look at form over the season and Onions has been awesome (40+ wickets this season) so if we go with a 4th seamer I'd go with him.

I think the "spinning wicket" story from Cardiff may be a bit of a myth so two spinners would be a mistake, particularly as neither Monty or Rashid have taken any wickets this year!

Agreed, plus I don't think the Cardiff or Lords pitches will suit Harmy, would be tempted to bring him in later in the series.

Go to Top of Page

geoffrey
Rolf Harris

United Kingdom
1273 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  14:27:29  Show Profile
I disagree , I think a Harmison with a point to prove is a big weapon for England at Lords.

Drop Panesar for Lords?

Sit Down Geoffrey

Edited by - geoffrey on 13/07/2009 14:28:16
Go to Top of Page

Polska Pollock
Dame Edna

Poland
4214 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  17:06:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by geoffrey

I disagree , I think a Harmison with a point to prove is a big weapon for England at Lords.

Drop Panesar for Lords?

Sit Down Geoffrey

What, our best batsman?!

Polska
Go to Top of Page

Tart Man
Crocodile Dundee

Aruba
2947 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  19:14:58  Show Profile  Click to see Tart Man's MSN Messenger address
I say drop Cook, and let Monty open the batting with Struass.

We've waited ages for a decent all-rounder to replace Freddy, and I believe Monty could be the one to finally fill the void.

"Tart Man - The King of Newbury"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shrimps On The Barby © shrimpsonthebarby.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000